Thursday, December 6, 2012

MLB Winter Meetings

Just got back to Philadelphia after being at the MLB Winter Meetings for a few days.  It was a great experience.  I met with a lot of people and learned a lot about what to do to achieve my career goals.  The job postings were very limited in the area I was interested in, but thankfully I already have my next internship lined up.  While I am not sure what sport I will be working in in the future, I know events like these are important to meet new people and to experience sports in a more business like fashion.  During my time in Nashville I ran into my former boss in Nashua, Tim Bawmann who reminded me to visit him in Lowell upon my return to Massachusetts to pick up my 2012 FCBL Championship Ring.  I am excited to see the ring in persona and this one will always hold a special space in my heart since it marks the year I decided to change careers as well as my first stop in the process of working in professional sports.  I also got a chance to meet Peter Gammons, who was a delight and was more than willing to talk to an excited fan of his work as well as baseball.  We talked about some of the things the Red Sox are doing to try to make the 2013 a better season than their awful 2012 season.  Overall this was a week I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment